Frequently Asked Questions
ARE STUDENTS REQUIRED TO TAKE ALL FOUR CLASSES?
- Private pay students can take any amount of classes.
- OVA students must take all four core classes that Oxford Hybrid offers as well as two elective classes off campus each semester.
IS THERE ANY COST TO ATTEND OXFORD HYBRID PRIMARY?
There are two ways to fund tuition for Oxford Hybrid Primary:
1.OVA Funded Tuition- Enroll your child in Oxford Hybrid Primary as a full-time Oxford Community Schools studen,t and OVA will purchase your curriculum at no cost to you as well as pay your child's tuition.
2. Private Pay- Private pay students are NOT enrolled in Oxford Community Schools and are not required to take standardized tests or complete the online portion of the Fusion program. The cost of tuition for a private pay student is $400.00 per class, per student, each semester.
There is also a $150.00 non refundable registration fee for ALL students (OVA pay and private pay)
Additionally, some classes have OPTIONAL fees for EXTRA MATERIALS such as lapbooks, personal science lab kits etc. These fees never exceed $100 per class and are often in the $50.00 price range. All core classes can be successfully completed without purchasing these extra materials, however, many families choose to purchase their child these extras so that they have their own personal materials as opposed to sharing them with classmates.
IS ENROLLMENT OPEN MID-YEAR?
1. OVA Students- Oxford Hybrid Primary is a FULL YEAR COMMITMENT and registration for this program constitutes understanding of and agreement to all policies indicated. If a student drops from the program or does not participate in count day/month events for funding, the financial responsibility will immediatley revert to self-pay. The cost for self-pay is $400.00 per class, per student, each semester. If an OVA student drops enrollement before April, there will be a drop fee of $1000.00 due immediatley to Oxford Hybrid Primary.
2. Private Pay Students- Private Pay Students are welcome to enroll at any point.
AS A PARENT/GUARDIAN, WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
- Four hours per family of community service at the Hybrid Program are required each semester (There is an option to waive community service hours for a fee of $100.00 per semester).
- Parents are expected to bring their children to Hybrid classes each Tuesday and Thursday as well as ensure their children's schoolwork is completed at home each Monday and Wednesday.
All OVA funded families are also responsible for making sure that their children have completed the online portion of Hybrid classes each week.
IS THERE AN ATTENDANCE POLICY?
While Oxford Hybrid Primary does not have an attendance policy, OVA-funded students that miss more than two CONSECUTIVE weeks of classroom time may be subject to removal from the Hybrid Program.
IS OXFORD HYBRID A GOOD FIT FOR ALL STUDENTS?
No, every child is unique and we realize there is no educational program that is a good fit for everyone.
For OVA funded students, there are many educational opportunities and they will help steer each family toward the one that serves them the best.
Oxford Hybrid Primary reserves the right to determine whether our program will benefit each student that applies.